Mister Mort Mister Mort
January 4, 2011

A Wm. J. Mills & Co. Bag Made For Me & You

PB121354 PB121366I’ve been working with the nice folks over at Wm. J. Mills & Co. on two briefcase style bags in this purple stonewashed canvas. If you are not already familiar with Wm. J. Mills & Co. They have been in the game since 1880. Each bag is hand sewn (double-needle stitching).
Email me for more information. Expected delivery will be for Spring. Read more about the bag here: http://theglengarrysportingclub.blogspot.com/2011/01/wm-j-mills-co-laptop-carryall.html

TAGS: , , , , , ,

13 Responses to A Wm. J. Mills & Co. Bag Made For Me & You

Dan Radin says: January 4, 2011 at 11:55 am

The Mills people are fantastic. I just picked up their laptop briefcase in gray/white and it’s really incredibly made. It shipped within 48 hours of my order.

jill says: January 4, 2011 at 2:04 pm

love it – good work, mordechai.
ps next time you hit the rose bowl, let me know! i go pretty often.

me says: January 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I dont know Michael, did acl do this? i dont keep track of everything acl does. ya definitely didnt do this style or any in this purple stonewash.. i can tell ya that.
thanks for stopping by, keep it kosher-

barbara says: January 8, 2011 at 11:35 am

Perfect bag, love the color.
And, love the combo of the dark jeans and stonewashed bag.

Thomas P says: January 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm

This doesnt do it for me , i like myself a real grown man bag. This looks like some urban outfitters stuff.

mordechai says: January 10, 2011 at 2:52 am

Thanks for commenting Thomas-
I’m sorry it doesnt do it for you. If I may ask, How old are you? I like not so grown up stuff alot. mixed with grown up stuff. Most grown-up bags such as tumi mostly have no personality i find. I like some grown-up bags but love this. Maybe because I love the color purple.

Thomas P says: January 10, 2011 at 10:59 am

31. Its just too playful and young for my tastes, not knocking it. I might carry it down to the pool or the beach. Im not into Tumi either – too generic and i agree on the no personality thing, although the luggage is pretty decent but i dont carry it either. I like the bags from Goldpfeil or on the not so serious side J.W Hulme

Tom Beatty says: February 5, 2011 at 3:45 pm

To be clear on the ACL question. This bag was first put together in August 2010 as a mod of an old folio bag Mr. Mills had made some time ago. (Even he can’t remember). The old folio bag was sold out of the Mills store for many years, but didn’t have carry straps. In the Fall of 2010, while we were defining our enzyme/stonewash process we just launched at (capsule) NY we sent some of these new bags out in multiple colrs as part of our process devlopment. Later, while chatting with Mordechai, he really liked the Purple with Natural trim in the stonewashed finish. Thus his post and his sponsorship of this unique color way. While we have enjoyed some great editiorial mention from ACL over the years, we have never done a bag with them.