Mister Mort Mister Mort
February 21, 2011

Tommy Ton On Them Streets ~ Three Coats, Three days NYFW FW11

P2090033An older some may say vintage Margiela coat which is pretty special. I love how you can see the lapel, pocket and buttons under the fabric! Also love that he bought it 2nd hand. P2090035 P1340463Tommy comes correct daily. Here I share two of his looks with y’all. P2110272Not sure who makes this amazing plaid wool biker jacket but I’ve been seeing a shitload of leather jackets in this classic style, nice to see one in non-leather. I know Agnes b’ did em recently in a jersey fabric which was pretty cool too. P2110364Wat?! A neoprene ? lil DB peacoat sorta jacket? Interesting.

TAGS: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Tommy Ton On Them Streets ~ Three Coats, Three days NYFW FW11

Thomas P says: February 21, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Nothing ‘correct’ here for me.
The goofy looking soles on the shoes have me guessing he bought them second-hand from frankenstein, (the slimmer trouser is not helping).
That red jacket looks like it belongs to my kid sister, i don’t care who makes it + never was a fan of Margiela.
On a lighter note the cable knit hat and cargos are alright.

me says: February 22, 2011 at 7:27 pm

right?! the hat and cargos are the least interesting part! his gentle personality, which one cant see from (my) fotos is one thing I wish I could’ve captured.

Thomas P says: February 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Not ‘hating’ on anything , simply don’t like the shoes its funny how when someone states an opinion they are ‘hating’ on something.
Trickers happens to make a quality shoe (i own a few) but when these type of brands start getting into the whole ‘fashion’ thing (good example here) using these soles because redwings are popular im not a fan. Besides the fact that they look goofy especially with these slim pants. I like a good pair of cargos , these are a little too young for him (notice the pockets opening and barely sitting on the seat). That is all.

valient says: February 23, 2011 at 9:38 am

good point, Thomas P
Hating is probably the wrong word. I just find it kinda funny, I guess. As always, there is no accounting for taste.

tressie says: February 26, 2011 at 9:30 pm

So Nice…the Inspirational details of pattern on pattern with textures…galore! I never tire of the classics shaken up and reworn…The Hubs and I also collect BB shirts and are always looking for the older all cottons that will wrinkle with charm.

H says: March 10, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Hoooooly shit, the first coat is amazing! It’s not often that you find a wildly original take on a classic piece. Kudos to the designer for not taking the lazy route and printing a peacoat outline on a plain flat coat.

Ann Z says: March 23, 2011 at 1:48 pm

There are two photos of that plaid wool biker jacket on WGSN London fashion week highlights, one of which is of the same guy you shot. Pretty killer.